- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, approx. 2–3 breasts
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix, with carrots
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Dash of hot sauce, to taste
- 8 lettuce leaves
Place chicken in single layer in large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1/2-inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and poach 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Drain and set aside to cool.
Place slaw mix in large bowl.
Add bean sprouts, scallion, peanuts, hoisin sauce, ginger and hot sauce.
Chop or shred cooled chicken to make about 2 cups and add to slaw mixture. Toss to combine well.
To serve, place lettuce leaves on platter or individual dishes and divide chicken mixture evenly among lettuce leaves, about 1/3 cup per leaf or fold sides over and roll up to make individual lettuce wraps.